By Mistie Bush
*This Pattern Has Been Temporarily Retired*
Please check back later for an update.
I have designed another Washcloth in the 5 Double Crochet Cluster Series. It is quick and easy to make. Everyone is gearing up with Christmas in July and trying to stay ahead. This would make a great addition gift for the college student, newlyweds, or a house warming.
Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Yarn 4 ply, Color A ~ Chocolate Ombre 12 oz/340 g/608 yds/556 m, Color B ~ White 14 oz/400 g/710 yds/650 m, less than 100 yds of each for this project
Hook: Boye H
Laying flat width 12 ½ inches and height 12 ½ inches
Ch/chs = chain/chains
Cl = cluster
Dc = double crochet
Hdc = half double crochet
Sc = single crochet
Sl st = slip stitch
Sp/sps = space/spaces
St/sts = stitch/stitches
- 5 dc Cluster stitch – (5 dc cl st)
- yo, insert hook into indicated stitch (2 loops on hook)
- yo draw through, (3 loops on hook)
- yo and draw through the first 2 loops on the hook (2 loops on hook)
- yo insert hook and draw through the loop (4 loops on hook)
- yo draw through first 2 loops on hook (3 loops on hook)
- yo insert hook and draw through loop (5 loops on hook)
- yo draw through first 2 loops on hook (4 loops on hook)
- yo insert hook and draw through loop (6 loops on hook)
- yo draw through first 2 loops on hook (5 loops on hook)
- yo insert hook and draw through loop (7 loops on hook)
- yo draw through first 2 loops on hook (6 loops on hook)
- yo draw through all 6 loops on hook
- ch 1 securing cluster (1 cluster st made)
- Shell 5 dc same st
- Reverse Single Crochet aka Crab Stitch
This stitch is worked from left to right (or opposite direction) than you normally crochet.
- With right side of project facing you Chain 1, * insert hook into next stitch to right, yarn over and pull through, (2 loops on hook), yarn over and pull through both loops *. Continue working * to * until you have reached the end of project. Slip stitch into first chain 1 and fasten off, weave in ends.
- Multiples of 6
- Ch 1 at beginning of rounds DOES NOT count as a stitch.
- Change colors at end of each row in order to have clusters stand out. (Row 3 will be Color B, Row 4 will be Color A)
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Happy Hooking and Enjoy!
© American Crochet 2011 ~ 2016. All rights reserved. This pattern may not be copied or reproduced in any way. You may not sell this pattern or profit from it in any way. You may sell items made from this pattern. However, you must link back to my American Crochet site to credit me for the pattern
(americancrochet.com). You may not use my photos to sell your finished product. I have made every effort to ensure that this pattern is correct. If you have any questions or problems, you may email me at email@example.com.