9th Annual Best Little Yarn Crawl in Texas
Last October 9th – 18th, 2015, my Mom, Gracie, and I participated in the “9th Annual Best Little Yarn Crawl in Texas”. The event was to visit 14 shops in 10 days there were great sales and special events at each shop. Each participant paid an entry fee and received a passport and a large canvas tote bag with a map of the shops on the crawl. Each shop that we visited stamped the passport and gave us a shop button to go on their location on the bag.
Each shop had two free yarn crawl exclusive patterns, and the yarn that was used to make them was on sale at their shop. There were bats of beautiful fibers for spinning, hanks, balls and skeins of specialty yarns. Each shop had drawings for door prizes and Gracie won the door prize at Inskein Yarns in San Antonio.
The 14 shops of last year’s crawl were:
- Gauge Yarn, Austin, Texas http://gaugeyarn.com
- Happy Ewe, Jonestown, Texas http://happyewefibers.com
- Hill Country Weavers, Austin, Texas http://hillcountryweavers.com
- Inskein Yarns, San Antonio, Texas http://inskeinyarns.com
- Lucky Ewe Yarn, New Braunfels, Texas http://luckyeweyarn.com
- Nan’s Needleworks, Horseshoe Bay, Texas http://nansneedlework.com
- Ply Yarn, Art & Handwovens, Wimberley, Texas http://ply-yarn.com
- The Loom Room, Comfort, Texas http://theloomroom.net
- The Quilted Skein, LaGrange, Texas http://thequiltedskein.com
- The Tinsmith’s Wife, Comfort, Texas http://tinsmithswife.com
- The Yarn Barn of San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas http://yarnbarnsa.com
- WC Mercantile, Navasota, Texas http://wcmercantile.com
- Yarnivore, San Antonio, Texas http://yarnivoresa.com
- Yarnorama, Paige, Texas http://yarnorama.com
As we live in Katy, Texas and our local yarn shop (LYS) is Yarnorama in Paige, we signed up, got our passport, shirt, and bag listed the shops and plotted a map of the best way to visit all of them. We started our “Girl’s Weekend”, early Saturday morning and made the circle and returned home Sunday afternoon, with lots of goodies.
This year (2016) will be the 10th Birthday of the Hill Country Yarn Crawl. The organizers are in the planning stages getting ever thing lined up and ready to go. It is going to be in October. I will post more about this upcoming event as I receive the information. If you are in the area of one of these great shops stop in and say hello.
You may also like:
Don’t forget to Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE!
Let me know if you need any help learning how to crochet!
Be sure to share this page with your friends and fellow Crafters.