Holly Wreath Coaster ~
Free Crochet Pattern
This Holly Wreath Coaster is perfect for a holiday celebration or dinner with the family. Invited to a Holiday party? This Coaster will make a great hostess gift make a set and tie them together with a pretty ribbon. Enjoy!
- Click HERE to Queue or Favorite on Ravelry
- Scroll down for the Free Crochet Pattern
- or Click HERE to purchase the pdf for your convenience.
- See more Free Crochet Patterns HERE
Level of Difficulty – Beginner/Intermediate
Yarn – Red Heart Crème de la Crème 100% Combed Cotton, #4 Worsted Weight, 2.5 ozs/70.9 g/125 yds, Forest (approx. 50 to 75 yds)
Hook and Notions – Size Hook: H (5mm)
4 ½ inch Cork circle (sheet purchased at JoAnn’s)
Hand held hole punch
Measurement – 8 inches diameter
Gauge – Not Important
Ch = chain
Dc = double crochet
Hdc = half double crochet
Sc = single crochet
Insert hook into indicated stitch, chain 3, slip stitch into same stitch.
3 Double Crochet Cluster (3 dc cluster) Stitch also Double Crochet 3 Together Stitch (DC3Tog)
- YO hook insert hook into the indicated stitch.
- YO and draw up a loop,
- YO and draw through the first 2 loops on the hook.
- YO insert our hook in same st and draw through a loop; you should have 4 loops on your hook.
- YO draw through the first 2 loops only and you should have 3 loops on your hook.
- YO and insert hook same stitch and draw through that will give you 5 loops on your hook.
- YO and draw through the first 2 loops. That will leave you with 4 loops on your hook.
- YO and draw through all 4 loops on the hook. Secure the cluster with a chain stitch.
Notes – Chain 1 at beginning of rounds does not count as a stitch.
Prepare your cork sheets by cutting 4 ½ inch circle (1 for each coaster you are making). Mark for your holes ¼ inch from edge and at ½ inch intervals. (17 holes)
Attach yarn to any hole in cork
Round 1: Chain 1, work 2 hdc in same hole, chain 1, * work 2 hdc in next hole, chain 1, repeat around; join with slip stitch in top of 1st hdc. (17 sets of hdc)
Round 2: Slip Stitch in next stitch and chain 1 space, chain 1, * work 3 dc cluster in chain 1 space, chain 1, repeat around; join with slip stitch in top of 1st cluster. (17 clusters)
Round 3: Chain 1, * dc in top of cluster, work 3 dc in chain 2 space, repeat around; join with slip stitch top of 1st dc. (68 dc)
Round 4: Chain 1, sc in same stitch and next stitch, picot stitch in next stitch, * sc next 2 stitches, picot next stitch, repeat around; join in 1st sc.
Fasten off and weave in ends.